- What information we receive from you
- How we use your information at Biobrain
- No disclosure to third parties for their own marketing purposes
- When we share your personal information with third parties
- Accessing, reviewing, and deleting your information
- Security of personal information
- Outside Australia consent to processing and transfer of information
- Additional features
- Change policy
- Contact Information
1. What information we receive from you
You are not required to create a Biobrain account to gain access to many areas of Biobrain. If you do create an account, we ask for certain information to process your registration, including an email address and password. If you subscribe to a paid account, we request additional information, including your full name and payment method details.
We also ask for certain, limited demographic information, including your first name, surname, gender, date of birth and education level. Providing most of this information is optional. We also allow you to upload a photo of yourself and select your preferences for training, language, and receiving email communications.
If you sign in to Biobrain using your Facebook, Gmail, or other third party credentials, we will use that service to authenticate you. We may also receive other information that you have agreed may be provided by that third party, such as your username, name, e-mail address, date of birth and gender. We receive this information so that it can be used for the purposes explained in this policy.
We may supplement the information you provide to us with additional information gathered from other sources, such as publicly available information.
In addition to the information you provide to us, when you use Biobrain, you may automatically submit information about the computer, mobile device, or other devices you use to access Biobrain and about how you use Biobrain. For example, we receive data about the topics you navigate and your performance in those topics. We may also receive information such as your browser type, IP address, language, the type of device you use, operating system version, unique device identifier (“UUID”), the date and time of your visit and files you viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), Internet service provider, clickstream data, the pages you view and the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting Biobrain. In some cases, we link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We do this to improve the services and marketing we offer you. From time to time, we use push notifications in our mobile applications to send you messages about Biobrain or your account. You may opt out from receiving push notifications through your device settings. We do not access or track any location-based information from your mobile device.
The third-party advertising and analytics companies with whom we or our advertisers partner may place a unique cookie or utilise similar technologies on your browser to collect non-personal information about your visits to Biobrain. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here ). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads, but the ads that you see will not be personalised.
We use mobile analytics tools to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications. These tools may record information about your usage, including how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, and where the application was downloaded from. We may link the information recorded in analytics software to personal information you submit to us.
If you are a subject in a research project or study involving Biobrain, that project may involve the collection of different information than is described in this section. For example, many research projects are done on an anonymous basis. For further information, please refer to the materials distributed to you as part of the study, contact the researcher leading your study, or contact us using the contact information below.
2. How we use your information at Biobrain
We use your information to operate and provide you with Biobrain. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Authenticating your login and processing your payments;
- Personalising your Biobrain experience and customising your training program;
- allowing you to monitor your performance and progress in Biobrain, by, for example, presenting charts and graphs of your performance to you;
- customising and delivering information about our products and services by email;
- providing customer support and sending confirmations about your account;
- protecting our intellectual property or other rights; and
- managing and improving our business, our educational content, and our training.
You can opt out of receiving marketing emails by navigating to your email notifications page or by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email. Please note you may not opt out of certain transactional emails, such as when we email you to confirm transactions, address account issues, or communicate about customer support.
3. No disclosure to third parties for their own marketing purposes
We believe in protecting your privacy, and therefore do not provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
4. When we share your personal information with third parties
We may share your personal information only in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates, such as entities under common ownership or control.
- Compliance with law and law enforcement requests, and protection of our rights. We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal mechanism. We may also disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that disclosure may prevent fraud and abuse of Biobrain or its users or protect our property rights.
- Consent. We may disclose your information when we believe we have your consent to do so, such as when you contact customer support and ask us about your account, or when we have the consent of someone we believe is authorised to consent on behalf of you, such as the individual associated with the payment method for your account. If you have expressly agreed to participate in a research study with us or with a third party that incorporates your personal information collected by Biobrain, we also may disclose your information for the purpose of facilitating the research to which you have consented.
5. Accessing, reviewing, and deleting your information
You may access, review, correct and delete your registration information through your Account page. You may also access or delete the personal information we have collected about you by contacting us at the contact information listed below. Upon request, Biobrain will provide you with information about whether we hold your personal information. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your requests, if allowed by applicable laws, we reserve the right to impose certain requirements and restrictions on such requests, such as limiting our production of information to certain formats and not deleting information that is no longer identifiable. We will respond to your request to access in a reasonable timeframe, not longer than 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, or we think you may return as a user, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. Security of personal information
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security practices to protect against the unauthorised access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure of your personal information. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission or storage is completely secure, and we therefore cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact us using the contact information below.
7. Outside Australia consent to processing and transfer of information
If you access Biobrain outside of Australia, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection and processing of such personal information in Australia.
8. Additional information
- Links to third party websites. Our website includes links to other sites that may collect personal information, and whose privacy practices may differ from those of Biobrain. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
- Referrals and contacts. We allow you to refer your friends and contacts to Biobrain, either by manually entering their email addresses or by importing contacts from email accounts you have with third parties. If you choose to utilise these features, we will use and store the email addresses only for purposes of sending the invitation emails you have requested. If you utilise these features, the friends or contacts that you refer may contact us at the contact information listed below to request that we delete their personal information. Please note that we do not collect the username and password to your email accounts; the import features route you to the third-party email provider to log in through their services.
- Social media widgets. Our website and mobile devices applications may include social media features, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, and Twitter buttons. Such features may collect your IP address and information about the page you are visiting, and may set cookies to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the company providing them.
9. Change policy
10. Contact information